“We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement refers to “Beyond the White Coat”.
“You” or the “User” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
We use the personal information provided by you to:
- Provide Beyond the White Coat services to you;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- Identify and analyse usage trends and determine the effectiveness of content and/or promotional campaigns;
- Provide your with updates, special offers and notify you of changes in our newsletter.
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is, or can be, identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
The Types of Personal Data you provide
The types of personal data this website captures, by itself or through third parties, will depend on what you are doing on the website. Among the types of Personal Data that may be collected are: usage data & tracking technologies, cookies, name and email address. This data may be freely provided by the User or in the case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this website. Users are responsible for any Third-Party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this website.
Examples may include:
- Name (Full name, Preferred Name, Username) e.g when you register for our newsletter or leave a comment on a blog post
- Email Address e.g when you register for our newsletter
- User Content that you post to this Service e.g in the comments section of blog posts
- Usage Data
- Social Media Platform information e.g by using the social media tools on the website or embedded social media content
- Tracking Technologies and Cookies
We will use your data for some or all of the reasons set out in this privacy statement.
Small pieces of data stored in the User’s device. More information about this can be found on the Cookie Declaration.
Information collected automatically from this website (or third party services used in this website), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Website) and the details about the path followed within the Website with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Newsletter or Mailing List
By registering on the the mailing list or newsletter, Your email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive updates about Our content on this website and Our content on social media platforms (including but not limited to: youtube, tiktok, instagram, facebook, twitter) and information of commercial or promotional nature concerning this brand.
The User is required to opt-in to this process by signing up via a subscribe form on this website. Please read the relevant policies and terms and conditions before signing up. Users can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time using a link within the email.
Direct Mailing Policy
When You send us a direct email, we use Your email address to thank you for your feedback and/or to reply to your question. We will store your communication and our reply for any future correspondence. Beyond this initial reply, we will not use your email address to send any unsolicited messages nor will we share or sell it to anyone else to us.
Content Commenting allows Users to make and publish comments on the contents of this Website, for example on blog posts. Comments are moderated and may be removed from the Website at any time without warning or communication with the user posting the content. The content commenting service is provided by a Third-Party Service called ” Disqus”.
Disqus: Content Commenting Service provided by Big Heads Lavs Inc.
- Users have the option to leave comments as a ‘Guest’ requiring their name and email address
- Users have the option to leave comments whilst logged into their personal Disqus account
- Personal Data collected by Third Party Service: cookies, usage data, email addresses and name/username
Analytical & Tracking Tools
Third-Party services in the form of WordPress.com Stats and Google Analytics are used to perform these functions.
WordPress.com Stats provided by Automattic Inc.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
- Place of processing: United States
Google Analytics provided by Google Inc.
- We use Google Analytics for aggregated, anonymized website traffic analysis. In order to track your session usage, Google drops a cookie
(_ga)with a randomly-generated ClientID in your browser. This ID is anonymized and contains no identifiable information like email, phone number, name, etc. We use GA to recieve your IP address and track aggregated website behavior, such as what pages you looked at, for how long, and so on. This information is important to us for improving the user experience and determining site effectiveness. Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- IP address data is anonymous by removing the last octet – click here for more information.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
- Place of processing: United States
- The user can chose to opt-out of this service directly at: Opt Out
Sharing your Data
Your data may be shared in the following circumstances, dependent on the User’s actions and interactions with this website:
On Public Areas of this platform
When You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Service (for example, Disqus, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) the Third-Party Service may share Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity dependent on your privacy settings and the policy of the Third-Party Service you used. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
We take no responsibility for the personal data that user’s submit in this manner either in the comment section or using Third-Party Services.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of other Websites and/or Services to understand their practices prior to using them.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Us. If You click on a Third-Party link, You will be directed to that Third-Party’s site.
Sharing on Social Media
This website uses social media buttons to allow easy sharing of our content to the social media platforms such as (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. We advice our users to be familiar with the Privacy policies of each of these platforms prior to using these functions.
- This website uses a Facebook social plug-in which is recognizable by the Facebook logo. The plugin establishes a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook servers once it has been activated and allows you to like or share content on your personal facebook page. This requires a click on the appropriate button. We have no influence whatsoever on what kind and to what extent your data is transmitted to Facebook Inc. A statement by the social media company on this topic can be found via the following link.
- This website uses a Twitter social plug-in which is recognizable by the Twitter logo. This plugin establishes a direct connection between your browser and the Twitter servers once activated, and allows you to like or share content on your personal twitter account. This requires a click on the appropriate button. We have no influence whatsoever on what kind and to what extent your data is transmitted to Twitter.
- This website uses a Pinterest social plug-in which is recognizable by the Pinterest logo. This plugin establishes a direct connection between your browser and the Pinterest servers once activated, and allows you to like or share content on your personal pinterest account. This requires a click on the appropriate button. We have no influence whatsoever on what kind and to what extent your data is transmitted to Pinterest.
We may share Your Data in the following circumstances:
With Our Service Providers
We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to show advertisements to You to help support and maintain Our Service, to advertise on third party websites to You after You visited our Service, to contact You.
For Business Transfers
In the future, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, and in such transactions, we may include your information in transferred assets.
Our website is not intended for children under the age of 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years.
If you are under 13, please do not provide any information on this Website.
Internal Security Procedures
Your encrypted information is protected using Secure Socket Layers (SSL) as it passes from your browser to our website.
However, no method of transmission is 100% secure , therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your privacy is priority to us. We have include ways for you, as the user, to op-out of sharing your data in the ways described above.
If you have any unresolved privacy questions, please contact us directly.